- Electronic Kit Manufacturers
- Electronics Magazines with web sites
- Electronic Kit Retail Sales
- IC Data Sheets & IC Manufacturers
- PIC Programmers, compilers, tools, books
- PIC, Atmel, Scenix, 80xx, 68HCxx
- Retail & Surplus Electronic Suppliers
- General Electronics
- Robotics, servos, stepper motors
- Peltier / thermoelectric modules, Solar Panels
- BEGINNERS electronics & science tutorials
- University & individually-run sites. New DSP links
- High voltage, strobes, lasers, lighting
- Laser light show sites.
- Liquid crystal displays
- IC Manufacturers
- CCD CamerasParallel port information
- Electronic design tools & virtual instrumentation
- PC Information & PC Upgrading
- PGP, hacking, security, info war
- Ham & pirate radio
Electronic Kit Manufacturers
- Oatley Electronics, Sydney, Australia.
- DIY Electronics hi-quality kits manufacturer,branch in Thailand available.
- Dontronics. Australia. Microcontrollers and other good electronics stuff.
- Grantronics, Australia
- Rainbow Kits, USA.
- Ramsey Kits, USA.
- Kemo, Germany.
- Velleman Kits, Belgium. No explanation is given of how any of their kits work. Nor how to trouble-shoot a kit which does not work.
- Cana-Kits, BC, Canada.
- North Country Radio, USA.
- FM Tx Kits - Veronica, UK.
- Most FM Transmitter makers listed. Alot technical information about transmitters - simple to advanced. Lots of links. For an excellent introduction to the theory of 'simple 2 stage transmitters see FM transmitter theory. new 7/99
- Ozware, W. Australia.
- CIC, Taiwan.
- NMRA, Model railway kits
- Industrial Fiber Optics. Kits
- Silvertone, Australia. Radio controlled devices.
- ~jtaylor kits. Available for downloading free.
- Marchand Electronics. High quality audio.
- electronickits.com. USA
- Riverhead Systems.
- Duncans Amp Page. Resource for those interested in guitar amplifiers, vacuum tubes and design tools such as SPICE modelling. Tube data sheet locator.
- RCS Radio, Australia. Download PCB freeware software. Proto PCB maker. PCB's for all Australian Silicon Chip & Electronics Australia articles available.
- tscm.com Professional Bugging Equipment. How to detect bugs in their many forms.
Electronic/Hobby Publications with Websites
Electronic Kit Sellers with Websites
- Amazon Electronics, USA
- Carl's Electronics, USA
- Kits USA
- Quality Kits, Canada.
- Gateway USA.
- Marlin Jones.
- ldbrewer.com USA sales for Veronica FM kits & others.
- Science First, Buffalo
- Jaycar, Australia
- sciencekits.com. Cantronics, Alberta, Canada
- Quasar, UK
- ASA Micros Ltd, UK
- DTE Microsystems, UK
- Archimedes Products, South Africa.
IC $ Passives Databases
If you are a beginner then start with the PIC16F84 and just get a beginners programmer. The first 3 links below are beginners programmers. Any are suitable.
- Bojan Dobaj P16PRO & PICALL programmers.
- PIC programmers. Octavio Nogueira. Well built beginners programmers. Supported.
- Covington 'no components' PIC Programmer. Published in Electronics Now, 9/98 & Silicon Chip, 3/99. Not guaranteed to work on all parallel ports but will probably work on yours. Kit sold by Oatley Electronics Sydney, Australia. Beginners programmer.
- Don McKenzie. SIMMstick. Well supported. Not for beginners
- Newfound Electronics. For experienced users, good PIC technical information & links.
- picflash PIC programmers.
- Parallax PIC Programmers Under new management Tech-Tools. 1/99.
- Incircuit emulators & programmers.
- See here for PIC in-circuit real-time emulators.
- Jens Madsen 16C84 programmers. Free, minimum components.
- EPIC Programmer Works on NT. (To many add-ons!)
- Pekka Titamaki Has non-firmware David Tait 16C5x programmer corrected.
- Full list of PIC programmers, compilers, assemblers, people, books and other stuff. wky, germany
- Design for a PIC programmer.
Atmel, Scenix, 80xx, 68HCxx
Retail & Surplus Electronic Suppliers
- Circuitonline.com Directory, services & resource guide for engineers in semiconductor industry.
- General engineering & microcontroller site.
- Pinouts & basic info for logic, uP & other chips. You input the pin data.
- sci.electronics.repair FAQ Sam Goldwasser.
- Note about repairing electrical goods, LCD, & alot of electronics FAQ's. Alot of Radio Control links & information. Run by Sam Goldwasser.
- Index of semiconductor companies. Technical & marketing info.
- Some good electronic links here. Also robotics, ham radio, PIC tools
- Electronic Engineers Toolbox. Alot of information here.
- The Electronic Guide. Comprehensive. Describes itself as a website for the electronic engineer: employment info, mailing lists, newsgroups & many links.
- Information & code on Magnetic cardreaders & IR Remotes.
- AES Microcontrollers & Embedded Systems.
- Cybercircuit. Encyclopaedia of circuits & formulae.
- Electrical Engineering Archives. U Wash.
- The Basics of Design Engineering. Motion control, CAD/CAM, fluid power etc.
- Residential Solar Systems - by Sungevity.com - Top Home Solar Installation Company in California.
Robotics, Servos & Mechanically Related Areas
Thermoelectric Devices, Peltier Modules, Solar
Beginners - science, electronics & computer information
Comprehensive & excellent sites. Many links to a VERY wide range of topics.
- Resistorguide.com Your guide to the world of resistors - resource for beginners.
- Internetnews.com Daily news about the Net.
- scicentral.com Over 50,000 links in 120 specialties in science & engineering.
- Tutorials in electronics, electrochemistry & physics as well as Reference tables.
- Electronics for beginners. ~diana
- Good basic chapters introducing electronics. Open basic 1 2 3 etc.
- Excellent tutorial on Steppers & DC motors. Beginners. Tony Mercer.
- Electronics for beginners. ~jadams. Author of Internet Guide to the Electronics Industry.
- Iguana Labs Beginners Tutorials.
- School & Amateur Science. Hundreds of science-related links. Excellent site
- The Science Club. Many science projects & links. Excellent site
- Basic Electronic science Theory from International Rectifier.
- All about Electrolytic Capacitors.
- Society for Amateur Scientists.
- Linear Circuit Analysis for RF & Audio.
- Access Excellence. Many science links.
- Got a problem - askanexpert A terrific idea. 12 categories from which to ask an expert your question.
- UK. Introduction to designing electronic circuits using circuit simulation software crocodile-clips. Links to UK school & electronic sites.
- There is a huge amount of technical information to be found in the following University & Individually-run Sites.
- Tomi Engdahl Electronics info plus 2000 electronics links. A must-visit site.
- Alex's Electronic Resource Library Huge Library, Links & Glossary on electronics & related. A must-visit site.
- Steve Walz See the ftp section.
- Don Lancaster Excellent site. Has good pseudoscience references.
- Programmersheaven.com Tons of stuff on programming. Site redone 4/99
- Angelfire. C programming
- snippets.com. C programming
- C programming
- Alan Winstanley. Alan has a large A-Z listing of electronics links.
- University of Alberta, Physics 395 lecture notes. Starts simple but gets deep pretty quick. Solid info. Dr. Gingrich.
- University of Alberta Electronic Cookbook Archive
- University of Alberta Electronic Circuit Cookbook. ~charro Or use their ftp site and change to /PUB/COOKBOOK/
- Twysted Pair. Electronic tutorials to download.
- Ocean Control, designer of my Kit 118.
- Schemtics for electronic projects. ~cake.
- Jughead Specializing in modem, wireless, computer & electronics.
- Modem, LAN, X25, datacomm, ISDN, TCP/IP tutorial links. Good site
- National Physical Laboratory, UK.
- year2138 Electronics, electromagnetic, amateur radio links.
- Dr Bob Dr Bob's Resource just starting up
- Dark Portal Large gif's slow it down but good links.
- ftp.luth.se. Bills itself as the top ftp archive site in Europe.
- Some sites with good discussions of particular topics.
- Grey Code
- Hologram software
- CNC Machine Plans & Links
- Everything about crystals & cutting
- Comprehensive list of the worlds phone plugs, electrical plugs & voltages.
- Digital Signal Processor Net. Also see dsp info at Motorola, Texas Instruments , and Analog Devices.
- TI TMS320C6x DSP info site. Andrew Phillips.
- Venn diagrams
High voltage, strobes, lighting, lasers
Laser light shows
Parallel Port Information
Electronics Design Tools & Virtual Instrumentation
PC Upgrading & PC Information
There is a massive amunt of PC information on these sites.
PGP, Encryption, Security, Info War, Web Security
Ham, amateur radio
Mathematics & statistics tools.